Friday, March 18, 2011

TGIF

Finally, it's FRIDAY!!

Once again, we have a busy weekend upon us!  :)

Last night our running group did 2.5 miles.  I started off really well - 11:45 pace for the first mile.  I felt really good at that pace and I could've pushed it more.  But after that mile, it's like all the energy was sucked right out of me by aliens.  LOL  I think it was the heat.  I know, I know, it's not even the summer yet.  But stick with me... Monday night it was 45-48degrees.  Last night it was 81 degrees.  It's gonna take my body a little bit to get back used to the warmer temps.   I know I'll get back used to it.  I also need to remember to hydrate better.  I need to start chugging some more water during the day, because I sweat a ton out there running!

Anyways, 2.5 miles in 31:39.  That's not my best, but it's not my worst.  So, I'll take it for now.  It's improvement from last week!

Happy Friday!


post signature

5 comments:

Aishlea said...

I am so glad it is Friday! Have a good weekend!

I think you should be proud you were out there running!! ;)

Unknown said...

81 degrees, too hot. I thought I wanted it to be summer, maybe it can wait a little while.
Have a great weekend!

Anna Walker said...

Great Job Running! 81 degrees is sooooo hot for running! Or anything BUT swimming. BUT Great Job! That's something I couldn't do!

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Agreed, it is HOT to be running in when you are used to 40! I felt like I was dying here in Texas! You are doing so well though! Keep it up!

Unknown said...

i don't like running in warm temps either.