Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What They Say Is True

I promise I'm not going to blog about this everyday.  But, I had to share this.

Yesterday I woke up in a decent mood, but by the time I made it to work, I was feeling SO GOOD.  They say that after a few days of eating like this, you start to feel really good.  Well, I thought that was a lie.  It had to be.  But friends, it wasn't.  I just felt really good and was in a pretty dang good mood.

Then, last night we went to look at a few houses.  Time got away from us and it was 8pm and we were 20 minutes from home.  Well, we broke down and had Sonic.  I know, horrible.  Don't get me wrong - it tasted great.  But, about 15 minutes after eating it, I felt sick to my stomach.  I was tired feeling almost instantly and I was so, so sick to my stomach.  Then, the hubs tells me he's never doing that again because he felt "drugged."  I'd read that you'd feel this way after eating a meal that was totally off the plan, but I didn't think it would happen to us - I mean, we were only on day 3!  But, yes, it did.  (And, btw, hubs hadn't read that.  So, there is no way his mind was playing tricks on him.  He really felt that way.)

This morning we're back on the wagon.  I'm going running this afternoon after work, too.  And to answer a question, the bowels hold up just find with all of the raw vegetables.  I was nervous, too.  But, it hasn't seemed to affected my bowels or my running.  Thank goodness!

Thanks for the anniversary wishes - we acknowledge March 22nd, but really celebrate April 13th.  :)


post signature

6 comments:

Heather said...

I don't eat totally "paleo" but pretty close and whenever I eat a fast food meal I am the same way. I feel sick/drugged, etc. It is amazing but true!!!! :) It's just become not worth it to be anymore!!!!

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

April 13th is my dad and sister's birthday! :) Happy anniversary!!

Lindsay said...

I am kind of hoping I have a similar reaction when I test my dairy in a few days... It would be nice to get better from my health crap even if it means giving up ice cream and other delicious things.

gv said...

Happy anniversary and enjoy your run!

Anonymous said...

:-O

Anonymous said...

That is so TRUE! When you put crap in your body you feel like crap. It's really awesome that you are moving outside of your comfort zone!