Monday, March 28, 2011

Paleo Week 1 Results

So, last Sunday we started the Paleo diet.  Here's how our week went as far as "cheating"......

Sunday - did awesome
Monday - did awesome
Tuesday - had Sonic for dinner
Wednesday - did awesome
Thursday - did awesome
Friday - had Larrys Pizza for dinner
Saturday - did awesome
Sunday - had Sonic for lunch and some choc chip cookies....

As you can see, we had some setbacks.  We had only planned one cheat meal and that was Friday.  The other two days just happened.

Now for the results....
I was down 4 pounds for most of the week, but as of this morning I'm down just 2 pounds.  Considering how I ate yesterday, I'll take it!  Also, I'd like to note that my mood was amazing this week.  I was so happy for most of the week and for no apparent reason. 

And if we're being honest, the only reason we cheated on Sunday is because...
Hubs had to work Saturday.  He left at 7:30am Saturday morning and didn't get home till 8:30am Sunday morning.  Yes, you read that right.  Hubs is in the IT world and this type of thing happens about once or twice a quarter.  So, I didn't sleep all that well due to waking up to see if he had made it home yet.  So when he finally did make it home, I slept for some time and he slept till 2pm.  We were both starving and sleep deprived when we woke up - so that definitely called for Sonic.  Now about those chocolate chip cookies... don't ever go grocery shopping when they're remodeling the store because you'll leave beyond irritated and grouchy...which calls for cookies! :)


post signature

4 comments:

Anna Walker said...

Woah! Good job! on Sunday he had to work that much?? That' sucks!!! I have never eaten at Sonic, I guess you think it's good though! :)

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

gv said...

What is this Paleo diet you speak of? Sounds like a good week to me.

B.o.B. said...

I've been reading about that diet and it really makes sense. I am sure that if you do it for 5 days a week you'll see results, even with the 2 days off.

Lindsay said...

that's an impressive run nonetheless! i certainly don't blame you after that saturday/sunday for not being in the mood to prep food. are you referencing a book or anything? i forget if you had mentioned...