Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Entering Day 3

Today marks Day 3 of the Paleo Diet.  So far, so good.  I haven't had any major screw ups yet.  I haven't felt any major differences in how I feel just yet.  I was very anxious about my run last night and I came home and had some almond butter.  Well, I was so anxious that I was going to feel tired that I over did it on the almond butter.  Note to self:  too much almond butter causes stomach pains.  I still went to clinic, but I stayed behind with another group and tried to do 4:1 intervals on the track.  Let's just say I did 2.13 miles in 30 minutes.  Yeah, I walked a lot.  But it wasn't because I was tired! ha!  It was because my stomach hated me!

Otherwise all has been going good.  My starting weight on Sunday was 144lbs.  I weighed this morning at 140lbs.  Trust me, I'm aware that it's water weight.  But, I'll take it. 

I received a few questions yesterday about grains.  Grains are not on this diet at all.  I believe it's because of how grains affect your digestion system.  I'm pretty sure that's what I read.  So, rice and all that jazz is out.

If ya'll have any other questions, let me know.  I'm definitely not an expert, but I'll try to answer what I can.

On a completely different note... Today is the hub's and I's 3 year LEGAL anniversary!  We don't celebrate this date, we celebrate the date we had our wedding ceremony in Mexico.  But still, 3 years!  :)


post signature

3 comments:

Lauren@ Not Your Average Southern Belle said...

Happy (legal) Anniversary! And I'm loving the Paleo updates!

Lindsay said...

umm you should celebrate both dates ;)

glad all is going well still! do the bowels still cooperate with running + raw veggies?

d.a.r. said...

Happy anniversary!!!

Good for you--I hope it makes you feel better! It isn't something I could (or would want to) do, but I am all for people marchin' to the beats of their own drums :)