Thursday, March 3, 2011

3 Things Thursday

  1. Went for a short 2 mile run yesterday.  Note to self:  Don't drink a protein shake before a run.  I felt like I was going to puke the entire time.  Not cool.  But, the best part of the run was that there was a group of middle school boys on the trail running their timed miles and there was one boy who was near the end of the pack and he was walking.  He looked defeated and just overall unhappy.  As I was jogging past him, I told him "Don't give up.  You've got this."  He smiled and started running again.  Made.My.Day.
  2. I'm going to give that run another go round tonight at Women Can Run (a local running group).  I'm pretty excited, but we'll see what happens!  I'm gonna be running late, so I hope I make it there in time.
  3. The two house showings didn't lead to any offers.  Darn.  But, honestly, I'm not bummed about it at all.  I fully trust God and His timing on this.  Now if I could work that into other areas of my life.

post signature

8 comments:

Aishlea said...

You're very sweet! You probably made that guy's day, as well! :) That's why I love running races.... everyone is so ecouraging and nice!

Unknown said...

Protein shake after a workout. Got it!

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

I struggle with that too... We have to let go of things we can't control and only control what we can. (SO HARD!!)

Lauren@ Not Your Average Southern Belle said...

1. Awww! I LOVE that!
2. I love WCR! We have a variation of that here.
3. So happy that you can lay that at His feet and not stress!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

aww that's awesome that you took the time to encourage that boy! I bet he appreciated that so much! :)

Heather said...

Number 1 makes me smile so big. I love that. Way to go, girl.

Anonymous said...

I hear ya! I had a an egg & tuna salad sandwich before a workout a few weeks ago. NO WAY! Worst decision ever!

Lindsay said...

#1 is so sweet, but I wonde if he was mad that he got chicked ;) The house - you guys are still in the "don't have to sell but would if a good offer came in" right? I hope that is still the case anyway. Don't want you to be stressing over two mortgages/homes to take care of! Hope that whatever is to happen goes well :)