Friday, June 10, 2011

What I Learned Yesterday

I'm old.  Now, before you roll your eyes, hear me out.

A couple of coworkers were talking yesterday about another coworker and how he's a DJ at night.  I asked where at and they name a place that I've never heard of.  Then, they look at me like I have 3 heads, because apparently this place (that I can't even remember the name of) is a very popular place.  These coworkers are only 5 years younger than me.

Then, these same coworkers started talking about this song (again, no idea the name).  They're talking about how great the song is.  I remember distinctly changing the radio station when that song came on last.  I guess I'm not hip...  Do people still say hip?  ha!

Then, this morning, I see pictures of someone on FB.  I don't agree with these pictures or status messages, because I think they make the person look....trampy?  When I ask my coworkers opinion, they tell me those pictures and status messages are totally normal and acceptable.  Excuse me?  If my mother saw those, she'd roast me without asking any questions.  So, yet another example of how times have changed...

But on a totally unrelated note - today is finally Friday!!!!!  Happy Friday and Weekend my friends!
post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What song was it?!

LOL!

I probably know it :)

Amanda said...

Hahaha, such is life. Happy FRIDAY!!!

Hilary said...

I had the same realization yesterday! I went with some friends to a local baseball game's Thirsty Thursday. 1. There are too many girls out there with fake IDs. 2. No one informed me that I should've gotten dressed and then taken off half my clothes before I left the house. Apparently it's the "in" thing to wear heels, booty shorts, and a tube top to a baseball game. 3. I played flip cup (bad idea, I KNOW) with a group of them and the girl beside me was also named Hilary. It wasn't until after the game that the girl goes, "Why did y'all keep cheering for me after I finished drinking? ... Oh, your name is Hilary TOO? OMG!" THEN, they found out my boyfriend (also playing) was a fireman, so they started cheering, "123 FIREMEN FIREMEN FIREMEN!" over and over and over. It was the first time I had the realization that I'm not that age anymore! *Tear!*

Brandi said...

I always feel old. I couldn't tell you what any popular songs are right now. I actually keep my radio on an old rock station. I have no clue where the 'in' places are to hang out and now don't even want to be caught in them. We have a group of interns that sit close to my area and I crack up hearing their stories about late nights and what not and it really lets me know how old I am. I want to just pat them on the head. haha