Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Extreme Couponing?

In case ya'll didn't know, I love me some coupons.  My husband used to laugh at me, but now he applauds me.  Here recently I've been doing better than usual.  Now, I wouldn't call myself an extreme couponer by any means - at all - but I'm learning the ropes!

We just purchased a fridge from Lowe's and I saved us 10% with a coupon I found in a moving packet put out by the post office.  Then, we received more coupons from Lowe's after using that one.  Those coupons went towards the purchase of a new grill, garden hose, hose carrier, and other yard essentials - saving us about $35! 

Then this weekend, I gathered up all my coupons and made my list for Kroger.  Kroger has digital coupons online that you can attach to your Kroger card.  If your store hasn't updated their software, you can stack digital coupons with paper coupons.  Sadly, my new Kroger has the new software version, but that doesn't stop me from racking up the deals! 

I looked at the sales ad, looked at my coupons, looked especially hard at the coupons that would double at Kroger (65 cents or less), then made my list of stuff we needed.  Ya'll my original total was $100 and after my coupons, I paid $80!  I saved 20%!!  That's awesome for me!  I feel like I'm finally starting to get the hang of this couponing thing!  And the thing is - I bought stuff that we needed!  I didn't buy multiples of things.  I didn't buy 4 boxes of pasta or 10 rolls of paper towels.  I bought things we needed!

I'm so proud of myself.  If ya'll aren't atleast trying to save some money by using coupons, then you're coo coo!  ha!  Seriously, give it a try!  You'd be surprised on how you do!


post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite is using Ebates for any and all online purchases. The only site they don't work with is Amazon. Boo!

I like to coupon but it seems most of the coupons are for processed foods or things I don't buy. I'm more partial to store brands. Sometimes Kroger sends me store brand coupons. I definitely use those!

gv said...

Coupons are DA BOMB!!! Sorry my comp at home is wacky and I haven't been able to comment on your blog from there. :(