Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Pity Party of One

This may be the most "poor me" post I've ever written.  You've been warned.

For the last two months I have been slacking in the running department.  Majorly.  I'm not really sure what happened except that the past few months have been stressful with school, working 10 hour days for months (and still), trying to sell our house, then selling our house, and now packing and finalizing everything with our house.  I've found that when I'm stressed, I tend to shut down.  I tend to sit myself down in front of the tv and veg.  So my running?  It went out the window.

I've been trying to pretend that I'm okay with that.  That this is just a season and I'll start running again once we move.  And to be honest, I KNOW I WILL.  But, that doesn't help with the right now.  The right now is, I feel fat, slow, unmotivated, and gross.  And FB isn't really helping that right now.  All of those people that I've somehow helped get into running are all posting about their glorious runs.  Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for them and proud for them, but I'm also very jealous.  I want to be running, but right now life is in the way.  We move this weekend.  We close on Monday (God willing).

So for now, I whine.  Next week, I run.  :0)
post signature

2 comments:

Hilary said...

But think about how many awesome things you have going for you right now!! How many people can say they have a steady job & are buying a house, right? So, this week it's not vegging, it's celebrating! Next week, kick your butt back into gear. :-)

Anonymous said...

Girl just get out there!

Can you seriously spare 15 minutes? Just run 1 mile. You got to start somewhere. Squeeze it in. Don't watch any more TV!

Sounds like you have a bad case of runner's envy. :P