Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanks

I just wanted to say thanks for all of the kind words.  The funeral was on Saturday and the funeral home was FULL of family and many, many friends.  Our friend definitely touched many lives and left each of us with something different.  He taught hubs and I to live each day to the fullest and do what you want, when you want. 

It's still difficult to understand.  We understand death when it's someone old or someone sick, but it's difficult to understand when it's someone who was vibrant, very healthy, and close to your own age. 

Tonight is the class that I shared with him.  It will definitely be different not seeing him there or hearing his phone vibrate every few minutes as we're sitting in class.   :)

Other than that, this weekend was full of joy.  We decided to finally buy a new 4-wheeler.  Hubs had sold his about 2 years ago and we've missed having one.  So, we purchased a new one Saturday evening.  We then spent all day Sunday riding around my granddad's farm with my dad and cousin.  It was a ton of fun and in the end, the new 4wheeler was covered in cow manure, but it wasn't anything a car wash couldn't fix.  :)  I love the simple life.  It was truly a great way to spend a Sunday.  The weather was great and in the end we put 14 miles on that 4wheeler - all on open farmland.


post signature

3 comments:

Jennifer Owens said...

So sad to hear about your friend's passing. Death is always difficult and leaves us with so many questions. Thanks for sharing your heart. (o:

Glad you had a good and fun weekend too. Take care friend.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking about you tonight...
The 4Wheeler sounds awesome! Can we come hang out? ;) VERY fun indeed. We want a jeep to play around in the mud here in CO!

Tyly said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend! Many prayers to you all!

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog, and I'm now following yours! You and I could actually run together if we loved closer! Our times are almost exact! I look forward to following along with your journey, and I'm glad we've "met"! :)

PS - We like a lot of the same books too!