Thursday, November 18, 2010

Moment of Silence

I found out this morning that a friend of ours passed away in a car accident early this morning.

He works with my husband.  He's in my Economics class.  I helped him study for our first test.  We joked around about my husband.  We were just talking about our test scores and how we had to do on the final.  We just joked around on Monday night and as we were walking out of the building, I told him that I'd see him next week.

I had no idea that the time I saw him "next week" it would be at his funeral.

Please, pray for his family, his friends, coworkers, and all of us. 


post signature

9 comments:

Jessi said...

I am so sorry to hear this. Sending prayers your way.

Q said...

I'm sorry to hear this, my thoughts are with you.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry. Another reminder that life is fragile. :-(

Unknown said...

i am so sorry for your loss. my thoughts are with you, your husband, and his family.

Unknown said...

when i learned that my good friend passed i saw this quote somewhere and it is so eloquent and true:

"The quality, not the longevity, of one's life is what is important." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Lindsay said...

oh my gosh, i am so sorry! thinking of you all!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I'm so sorry! I've been away from blogging so long and this is a shocker! Major prayers, that is so hard! Life is so fragile. Love! (hey, we can use your name now??)

Heather said...

I'm so sorry, Shannon. Saying a prayer for you all.

Pretend this is real said...

I'm so sorry. I'll keep all of you in my thoughts.