Friday, February 25, 2011

Counting Calories

I've been counting calories off and on for the last 6 years.  It helps to keep me motivated, in check, and lose weight when trying.  Well, I haven't been counting them for the past 6 months or so and it's time to start back up.  The other day Rust Belt Runner told the blog world about Calorie Count.  It's a pretty cool site.  I've used the Livestrong calorie counter and to be honest, I just didn't like it. 

Anyways, I  thought I'd share with you what a typical few days looks like for me. 

Keep in mind that I'm not really giving it my all.  I'm just trying to see exactly what I'm eating and making a few adjustments here and there.  I'm basically keeping myself in check.  Also, this is only my calorie count up till dinner.  Whenever I cook, we eat "healthy-ish" meals (read: low in calories and fat, with steamed veggies).  Most of the recipes I've cooked, I've done a calorie count on and it's always, always, always under 500-600 calories for each serving.  And honestly, that's pushing it.  I usually cook Weight Watcher meals and we all know those are low in calories for the most part.

I'll shut up now and show you Wednesday - Today.  You'll notice I have a few cheat items in there.  I'm an emotional eater and we're having very rough days at work.  Also, I know that not everything is healthy.  There is all kinds of artificial sweeteners in my drinks and foods.  Again, I'm not a uber healthy, gluten free, vegetarian eater.  Judge away.  :)  Also, I drink my minimum 64 ozs of water each and every day.  I don't put that on here, but I do it.  I live with a water-holic.  :)





post signature

4 comments:

Holly said...

Nice to see you got the images goin! If I was on your meal plan I would have ate all of that by 10 a.m. LOL. I am hungry all the time! I have found I need like 300 cal for a decent breakfast these days.

Good job on going back to the count. I'm sure it will help you figure out where you need to be.

Sarah Soon-To-Be said...

Dang girl, like clockwork! Do you ever get bored eating the same thing? I have serious boredom issues with food - as in I eat it when I'm bored, and I get bored of what I'm eating after 2 seconds. Oh wells.

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

I'm totally checking this site out! I agree with Sarah, do you get bored? I can't eat the same thing everyday. I get sick of it too quick.

Josey said...

Counting calories definitely works best for me as well. I fell off that bandwagon the past 9 months, but I'm so excited to finally make my health a priority again.

Quinoa has been a GREAT addition to our diets - we both feel better with less gluten in our diets, and it's such a great source of protein and supplement to a lot of different meals. You might want to check it out!