Friday, October 22, 2010

The Big Reveal

Without further ado.... My Half Marathon outfit:



I might look like a smurf, but I love it!  This is my absolute favorite color!  The purple ribbon in the corner will be worn in my hair in memory of my Grammy.  She loved purple.  I love the thought of having her with me every step of the way.  I miss her dearly and everytime I see a US Postal truck, I think of her. 

As far as race goals go, I honestly have no idea.  Seriously, no idea.  I'm going to shoot for last year's time of 2:45:30 or faster.  I'm really really hoping that the adrenaline will help me out and that somehow I'll pull through.  I'm being serious when I say that Grad School put a HUGE dent in my training this year.  But, I'm already thinking of doing the LR Half Marathon in March to redeem myself.  We shall see peeps!  We shall see! 

Wish me luck and think of me tomorrow!  I'll post when I get the chance and let ya'll know my unofficial (or official) time!  Have a great weekend and good luck to everyone else racing!



post signature

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a great race. I love bright colors like that!

Jessi said...

Good Luck with the race! Can't wait to hear how you did!!

Aishlea said...

Good luck! :) You will look great even if you don't feel it! ha... I hope you have a great race and feel great the whole way!

d.a.r. said...

good luck good luck!!

Brandi said...

I love the bright color! Blue is one of my favorite colors! I should be able to spot you for sure!! :) You are going to do great!!! Don't cuss me if I'm overly excited and cheering when I see you though. Hopefully that will just pump you up for the last half of the race!

Larissa said...

Good luck! You're going to do great!

Jen Feeny said...

Love it! Good luck!!!

Lisa said...

Oh I like!!! Good luck, I hope you rock it :)

Heather said...

I LOVE that color!!! You are going to do great!!! Can't wait to see you!

Julie @ HotlegsRunner said...

woohoo! finish in style =)

Lindsay said...

love it! so cute :) good luck and have fun!

The Single Nester said...

Best of luck girl!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

LOVE the colors! Wishing you loads of luck!!!!

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

Good luck tomorrow!!!

teacherwoman said...

Hope you had a great race today!

Anonymous said...

I totally thought of you today! It was so SUPER rainy and there was a tornado! Are you ok?