Monday, August 23, 2010

Good Times!

Thank you all for the comments on Friday's post. That was a hard one to write and there has been several times where I've thought about deleting it. I hate being vulnerable - especially on the internet for the world to see. But, it's something that I needed to share and write. Seriously though, thanks for reading and commenting - it really did make me feel better.

Lots to update on, but it's a hectic Monday so I'll just skim over it all and elaborate later. :)

  • My dad was released late Friday evening. He's at home and seems to be getting better. That's a huge prayer answered!!!
  • We looked at 3 or 4 houses on Friday - more on that later this week. :) HA!
  • I had a 5 mile run on Saturday. It was SO NICE to catch up with my friend Naomi!!! I've missed our times together and it's only been about a month since we've seen each other! We had a very, um, memorable 5 miles that included running through the Country Club's golf course's sprinklers! LOL Good times!
  • All the house work is done! We took our last loads to the dump and storage. There was a pregnant black widow in our storage building....More on that later.
  • My sister, aunt, and I made a huge meal for about 14 people on Sunday to celebrate my step-mom's birthday. We made cabbage rolls, boiled cabbage, fried cabbage, mashed potatoes, cake, and root bear floats! I'll explain what cabbage rolls are later, but they're a family thing and take about 3 hours to cook. YUM!
  • My Grandad is having a pretty routine surgery this morning. I'm praying it all goes well!
Hope ya'll had a fantastic weekend and let's try to enjoy this Monday!

No comments: