Friday, October 16, 2009

Starting To Get A Weee Bit Excited!!

It has hit me - the Half Marathon excitement! Tomorrow is my last long run and I hope to do well on it, but as I was reminded - it's only a training run! So, screw it if I don't do well - it doesn't count anyways! LOL

After work yesterday, I stopped by and bought another running shirt. I started thinking about my outfit and how I wanted to be easy to spot... Well, I went in for a bright pink shirt {to match the pink in my black and pink shorts} but I came out with a black shirt. I know...everyone will be wearing black. But, as we know, I hate shopping {mostly} and I just wanted a new shirt {truth be told}. I did try on a few bright pink shirts, but I didn't like the fit. This black one however fit perfectly and I'll be trying it out tomorrow on my long run. Also, I'm trying the Gu's exactly how I'll be using them on race day. So, I'm excited {and nervous} as I've never ran this long and I'm hoping the Gus settle well {they have been thus far, so why shouldn't they?}.

Anyways, I'll take a picture sometime soon of the race outfit. :) Something else I'm excited about is ...

We're going to Tunica this weekend! A little background, before I go further. The hubs works a ton - a TON - so I haven't seen him since Monday night. Yes, Monday night. Now, don't get me wrong, he does come home, but I'm already asleep by this time {think midnight and later} and I get up at the crack of dawn to come to work. Anyways, I mentioned earlier this week that I was ready to go back and eat at Paula Deen's Buffet at the Harrah's in Tunica. Well, I knew it wasn't going to happen, because hubs has been working weekends too. Well, he called me last night and told me to book a room - we're going to Tunica! Yay! Neither of us are big gamblers by any means, but we do like to visit about once a year. So, this will be a much needed mini vacation.



And I leave you with a picture from last year's visit at Paula Deen's Buffet {it's a cutout}:



11 comments:

xxxxx said...

Good luck on your long run!! You are going to ROCK. That's so cool you and hubby get a mini-vacay. Sounds like you both need some R&R. Have a great time! :)

Brandi said...

Good luck on your run tomorrow! I'm resting until the race next week. I don't want to injure myself this close to the race! I LOVE Tunica!! We are going on our annual trip Thanksgiving weekend!

Lisa said...

Yay for being excited about the race. That's how it should be. :-)

I'll be interested in your wardrobe selection as well. Must.Have.Pics.

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Pretty Girl you have been on my calendar for weeks... you will not be forgotten next week.

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Don't like to shop....hmmmmm...well I guess it is better that there are more people like you and less like me because otherwise the malls would be even more packed!!

Perfectly Pleasant said...

Good luck on the last practice run... and rock that awesome outfit!

Have a great mini-vacay!

Lisa said...

Good luck on the long run. Sounds like you have a good plan laid it for the race; you will do well.

Very cool that you get to go away with the husband. That'll be a nice treat for you guys.

Yes, I want to see pics of the race outfit. How can you not like shopping???

very married said...

good luck on the half marathon!

Rebecca Louise. said...

Good luck and post pictures! x

Amanda said...

I hope the long run went well today. Now it's time to relax, yay!! Have fun in Tunica!

Kelly said...

Good luck! I could never do it. My hubby just ran a full marathon and swore to never do it again!

Emma-leigh said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend! I just don't do well with my running when it hits cold weather.. keep up the good work.