Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Weight Loss Speaker & Hubs Of The Year

At my running clinic last night, we had a speaker. One that I've never heard of, but now I'm reading all of his articles online. His name is Dr. Jerry Mayo. His online website is here. He's an Associate Professor at Hendrix, a private college here.

This man is amazing. He's an IronMan finisher (which is crazy in itself) and he teaches about health, weight loss, and other sports nutrition info. He's even written a book and gives tips to the Biggest Loser Club (yes the one on tv)!

Anywho, I wanted to share his link with you - he has some really interesting articles and info. online. If you have interest in that type of thing (weight loss, nutrition, etc) then you should definitely head over to his site. It's got some great info on it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Different topic... I just wanted to share what a great husband I have. I don't do this very often and he doesn't read this (I don't think) but, I really do have a great one. He's in training all this week for some new product. His training is in LR, which means he has to get up earlier than he's used to and his training lasts 10 hours a day - so he's getting home later too. Well, since I had my running clinic last night, I knew that we probably wouldn't get to see each other much before it was time to go to bed. Well, since we had a speaker last night, the clinic didn't end till 8pm (30 minutes later than usual). He called me, because he was worried! He normally doesn't call me - he knows I'll call him, but because it was later than usual, he called. Then, when I made it home, he said to check the microwave for a surprise - there were Chick-fil-a nuggets in it!! Then, he said to check the freezer - a Chick-fil-a Cookies N Cream Shake! Yum!! I thought it was really sweet that he got me something to eat and then a little dessert, too!! So, hubs, if you ARE reading this... I love you and thanks for being so sweet!

7 comments:

Well I Do Declare said...

How sweet!!! The way to my heart is also through ChickfilA ;)

Jennifer said...

What a sweet guy you have! A man can never go wrong with Chik-fil-a! (o:

WindyBug said...

It's nice Trickey did the "cooking" last night.

Dawn Smith (Bee and Rose) said...

What a nice hubby! Chick-fil-a is awesome!

My giveaway list is up!!!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

good job hubby! chick fil a, always yummy, and a shake, wow =)

The Branches said...

Awe! How sweet...don't you just love it when our husbands think of us and surprises! Now days I really enjoy it because it is few and far between, but I guess it means more that way :) Love ya! Becky

Rebecca Louise. said...

That is sweet of him. It is the small things that count :)