Monday, September 13, 2010

I'm A Southern Gal

Halloween 2002

I'm a southern gal; there's no denying it. I was born and raised in Arkansas and it's where I call home. But, other than that, here are a list of things that I believe make me southern to my core.
  • I like Iced Tea (unsweetened for me though) with my meals.
  • I love country music. Country music and outdoorsy stuff just go together.
  • Fried foods are yummy in my book.... espec fried okra, fried pickles, and fried squash. YUM!
  • A can of Rotel or Cream of Chicken Soup makes any casserole or dish better.
  • A favorite past time of mine... MUDDING! Espec on 4wheelers. So.Much.Fun!
  • "Ya'll" is a huge part of my vocabulary.
  • I like to camp, fish, and swim in lakes.
  • I've been turkey, raccoon, and deer hunting.
  • I believe deer meat can be used in chili - it tastes pretty good!
  • I've won a few company fishing tournaments in my age division when I was younger.
  • I think it's totally okay for a female to mow the lawn - I help hubs every week and actually enjoy it!
There are many, many more things I'm sure...but those are the only ones I can think of right now!

No comments: