Tuesday, July 6, 2010

FF 5k Race Recap

Remember how I haven't really ran in about 6 or 7 weeks? Remember how I signed up for a 5k this past weekend? Yeah, about that....

It sucked.

I guess I'll elaborate...

The race started at 7:30am and it was a balmy 76 degrees with humidity somewhere around 68%. Ugh.

Mile 1- started off decent. I thought, okay, a little slower than usual but still not too bad.

Mile 2- I'm still running with my friend which is a good sign.

Mile 3 - Told my friend to go on. I was exhausted, hot, and thirsty. Plus, the last mile was a slow incline.

.1 - Thank God, I can see the finish line!

So, here are my splits from my Garmin (from memory). The official race results are gun timed, so I'm not even going to go look at the results.

Mile 1 - 10:54
Mile 2 - 11:28
Mile 3 - 13:29 - um, ouch!
.12 - 10:24 pace

My Garmin time - 37:09. Ew.

So, I've signed up for another 5k that is on the 17th. It's a new course and a race I've never ran before, but I decided that I should do another one because this one sucked so bad. I might even train a little bit for this one. Maybe.

I hope ya'll did better in your races this weekend than I did!

BTW, the winner of the race came in at 13:36 - seriously! 2nd place was a 13:43! And, yes, I think they were both born in Kenya, but live in AR. The race had a $1000 purse for 1st place.

No comments: