Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cake Decorating



The above pictures are from my cake decorating class last Thursday. Those are different types of flowers. I know they're a tad difficult to make out, but honestly, they're not all that bad.

I missed the previous week's class due to having the stomach virus. Truth be told, I don't really want to do this class anymore. The night before I started getting sick, I was making a cake and homemade icing for class. Now, the thought of cake or icing makes me want to gag. But, I went to class last week anyways. It wasn't entirely too bad considering I bought cupcakes from Kroger and scraped the icing off of those - to avoid baking cupcakes for class to decorate on. Plus, my lovely sister made my icing for me.

This week, however, my family wont be at class and so I'll be on my own. I'd love to just skip out, but this is the last class and it's the "big" cake. I'm thinking I'll suck it up and go, just to see what my cake will look like once decorated.

There are already talks of taking the next level course, but I've already told my family that I do NOT want to do this class. These classes take a ton of work - baking goods, making tons of icing, going to the store each week for new decorating utensils that we'll need, then sitting 2 hours in class. I just don't want to do it.


5 comments:

Hollie said...

good job, shannon! i think you'll be glad you took the class, it'll come in handy. plus you could maybe make some cakes on the side for extra money! :-)

Annie said...

if you lived by me i'd have you decorate some cupcakes for my wedding!! ;) those flowers are so cute!
good for you on sucking it up and just going this week without the fam.

The Branches said...

Those look great Shannon! But I understand how much work and supplies that takes...I can just imagine! Atleast now you have it under your belt and when it comes to baking you can make something purdy!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

wow, how many weeks is it? Just like Hollie said, I bet it'll come in handy at some point! I think it would be fun to take some classes but that one sounds like a lot of work! :)

Allie said...

I know what you mean, I took the first 2 classes and it's just a pain making all that damn icing, not to mention it wrecks my kitchen. In the end I just bought the pre-made wilton icing and made everything in white because I was too lazy to color it. LOL