Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Stress Release

Thanks for listening to me stress out yesterday.  I hate days like that! 

After work, I came home, grabbed a wine cooler and some chocolate and sat down at our dining room table and worked on those two papers.  I completed them - mostly, I still have to finish one during lunch today.  Then, the hubs came home and we had supper.  Afterwards, I couldn't sit still without thinking that I should be finishing that paper or reading the chapter again.  But, I knew it was pointless.  My brain was fried.

So, I went on a bike ride - by myself.  This is huge for me, because I always go on bike rides with the hubs and if exercising alone, I always pick running.  But yesterday he took his bike to the shop to get a tune up and change out the tires, so I was on my own.  Let me just say, I was nervous for the first few miles, but then I began to have fun and unwind.  I only went 6.5 miles, but those miles melted my stress away!  I think I might be in the beginnings of likeing cycling just as much as running...




post signature

3 comments:

Aishlea said...

So glad you are feeling a little better! :) Chocolate always helps me!!

And yay! I can comment again!!

Theia said...

Yay for the successful bike ride! And for the chocolate. :)

gv said...

Sounds like a great way to unwind.