Monday, May 18, 2009

I'm NOT A Biker.. I'm A Runner

This weekend was one of "those" weekends. The kind that when Monday comes, you wish you had another weekend just to re-coop from this one. But, since that's impossible... we move forward.

I didn't get any sleep last night. I've had a problem getting my mind to "shut off" lately. I'm not sure why this is causing so many problems, as I've been on a Rx sleep aid for a year and a half. I go back to the Dr on Thursday. So, we'll see if he'll switch my Rx's.

Which brings me to another point. I'm off Thursday! Originally I wasn't going to take off Thursday, but as this trip gets closer and I start to panic a little bit about all the stuff that is left to be done, I decided to ask the boss if I could take off. He said that was fine and so I'm off - without having to actually take a vacation day. Maybe I'll explain this part later, maybe not. But, just know that my boss is awesome. Most days. :)

Back to this weekend...

Hubs and I ran 4 miles on Friday. Our farthest run together, yet. We did really well, all things considered. Such as, we were both exhausted, it was slightly humid, and it was reaching the upper 80's. Anywho, we did great.

Saturday we went to my sister's graduation. I loved it. I felt so many memories come back and it was just so great seeing her walk across for her diploma. You can bet I cheered - even though they asked us not to. :) But, side note... The announcer said her name wrong. It's suppose to be Katherine - not Kathleen. How do you mess that up? I felt so sad for her, but I don't think it really bothered her. I'll post pictures later. :)

Sunday we had brunch with my mom, her boyfriend, and my grandma. It was interesting to say the least, but it was a nice experience. I have mixed feelings about our "situation" and I'm really trying to stay positive, but I'm having a hard time letting things go I guess. I don't want to elaborate for fear that she may read this. But, I honestly think she feels the awkwardness too. Atleast, I kind of hope she does. I'd feel horrible if it was just me. Does that make sense?

Then later that day, hubs and I went biking for 11.5 miles. Yes, you read that right. This was not my idea - to go that far! He wanted to go 20 miles but I said NO WAY! Actually, I said something a little meaner than that, but we'll sugar coat it. :) There were some hills involved and my quads hated me - they still hate me today. I've never cussed so much in one day... I'm serious. Hubs thought it was pretty funny. Of course. And note to self - switch gears next time. I've got no prior experience with mountain bikes...None... So, of course I was in one of the harder gears and had no clue. No wonder my quads hate me. Anyways, the course/trail was super nice. I'm blessed to live in an area that is so green and has so many biking/walking trails.

Anyways, to say that I'm a runner and NOT a biker is an understatement... But there are plans to bike again...

After vacation. Let the countdown begin! 4 days till paradise! :)

No comments: