Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Orders From The Doctor...

I went to the Dr again yesterday for my legs. It's been two weeks since my last appointment and according to him, I should've been feeling pretty good by now...Well, that isn't the case. So, I went back to the Dr and this time he did X-Rays...(which yes, he should've done the first time)... And guess what? I've got a stress fracture in BOTH legs. Yes, you read that right - both.

So, I'm officially not doing the half marathon I've been training so hard for. I'm really depressed about it too. This was THE biggest goal (physically) that I've ever set for myself and now I feel as if I failed it. I just don't understand why my legs/bones wont hold up when other people's will... Stupid, I know, but it's whats going through my head right now. All I wanted was to do the race this weekend and to get that finisher's medal...But, instead, I'll get a race t-shirt which I'll never wear because I didn't do the race...Ugh.

Anyways, moving forward... I can't run until December and even then I have to start off slow. But the Dr does want me to do some sort of exercise and told me that I could start biking... Which I thought was pretty cool since my husband has been wanting us to start that.. So, when I called my hubbie crying because I couldn't run, he said not to worry, we were going to go get bikes. So, last night, we went to the sports store and bought ourselves two bikes and plan on riding them tonight! I'm so excited! :)

No comments: