Thursday, October 16, 2008

Handing Things Over

This morning I did a little search on daily Bible verses. I'm not sure what possessed me to do this, as I've never ever done this before... But I hit a few sites and I came upon the same verse twice. So, I've written it down and have posted it on my calendar. It's a great verse and it plays pretty well into my life right now. I thought I'd share... Please forgive me if I quote it wrong...as I'm just going by what I've found on the net.

Philippians 4:6-7

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
I know it's hard not to be anxious or stressed out over things going on in our lives (atleast for me it is), but I also know that God doesn't want us to worry. So, today I'm really focusing on handing over my worries to Him and letting peace fill my heart.

1 comment:

TinaGirl said...

I too needed the reminder to give some of my worried and anxious thoughts over to Him. Those out of my power are within His. Great Verse and post thank you for sharing.